From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Latest unstable ntp not generating ntp.drift file.
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 20:46:12
1 Jacob Todd wrote:
2 >
3 > The only thing I have changed with openntp is in /etc/ntpd.conf, I
4 > added `listen on *`, maybe a few servers and in /etc/conf.d/ntpd or
5 > whatever it's called, I added `-s` to OPTIONS. I've been using that on
6 > a server for a year and my laptops for over two. I've had no problems
7 > with syncing.
10 I have used ntp on another machine for years with no problems. I think
11 this is deeper than ntp. That's why I am looking for something else. I
12 don't think it is ntp itself that is the problem. I'm working on
13 adjtime now. I plan to update the BIOS if that doesn't help. Maybe
14 they changed something in there. I think there has been 3 or 4 updates
15 since the version I have.
16
17 Dale
18