From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rsync command
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:10:35
1 On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:50:47 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
2
3 > I have a directory logfiles and inside it it has lots of sub
4 > directories. Inside it there are lots of .gz, .txt and .sql files
5 > I want only .sql files to be rsynced to the destination host
6 >
7 > is there a way to achieve it using rsync utility
8
9 Create a .rsync-filter file in that directory containing either
10
11 + *.sql
12 - *
13
14 or
15
16 - *.gz
17 - *.txt
18
19 and call rsync with the -F option. See the man page for more details.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.