From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE -> Shutdown - Sometimes it's there, other times it's not......
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 15:24:10
1 On Wed, 14 May 2014 23:08:46 +0800, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2
3 > Running an unstable 64 bit KDE desktop. Sometimes when it comes
4 > time to shut down, I go to the "K" thingy on the menu bar, select
5 > "Leave" -> "Shut down" and then hit the button on the dialogue that
6 > pops up, and in turn the machine shuts down.
7 >
8 > Other times, after selecting "Shut down", no dialogue comes up.
9 > Even if I wait 30 seconds, the default shutdown wait period, the
10 > machine does not shut down. In this case, I now have to resort to
11 > firing up a terminal then as root running "shutdown -h now". This will
12 > in turn cause the shutdown.
13
14 I've seen this. sometimes, if I wait long enough, I get a message about a
15 process that can't be interrupted. Other times, I probably just don't
16 wait long enough.
17
18 Patience is a virtue, but not one of mine.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 After all is said and done let there not be more said than done.