From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and initramfs
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 14:29:43
1 On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 14:55:58 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > > No thanks you. As Alan said, portage doesn't have a mechanism to run a
4 > > command after a batch emerge, it would have to be done after every
5 > > single package. So the next time a bunch of Perl packages and their
6 > > virtuals are updated, look forward to it being run fifty times.
7 >
8 > I would not want it run fifty times. I would prefer if there was a way
9 > to have a script run automagically when emerge finished with a
10 > batch-update.
11
12 There maybe times that would be useful, but it is not possible with
13 portage. The only way I can think of is a wrapper script that you call
14 instead of emerge.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Power outage at a department store yesterday, Twenty people were
21 trapped on the escalators.