From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why you've chosen your desktop environment? (no war !)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 18:35:37
1 Am 16.08.2014 um 18:13 schrieb behrouz khosravi:
2 > Hi. I have been using the gnome for some time(in other distro's) and I
3 > had no complaint. However after switching to gentoo I installed i3 and
4 > it is very great.
5 > I really love it, but I was considering to install a DE too.
6 > Before jumping to gnome I wanted to evaluate my options.
7 > I have heard that " It is a matter of taste" but think it is not all
8 > of the story.
9 > I have heard that the gentoo community is more inclined toward KDE
10 > too. So KDE must have some advantage that makes people like it's
11 > taste!
12 > So can you please tell me why you have chosen a specific DE and not
13 > the other options ?
14 > thanks.
17 well, back in the KDE 1.1, 2.1,2.2 and Gnome up to 1.4.2 days both were
18 nice and I used both. Switching betwen the two.
19
20 Then came Gnome 2.0
21
22 And I never went back to Gnome. Seriously, Gnome 1.4.2 was the best
23 gnome ever.