From: Lasse Pouru <lasse.pouru@××××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [off-topic] Ripping "enhanced" CDs with abcde/cdparanoia
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2018 16:31:13
1 Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net> writes:
2
3 > On Sun, 04 Mar 2018 14:01:00 +0200
4 > Lasse Pouru <lasse.pouru@××××××××××××.fi> wrote:
5 >>You know, the ones with video or software tracks shoehorned into the
6 >>end. Whenever I try to rip one with abcde I get the error "selected span
7 >>contains non audio track at track X", even when I've chosen a range not
8 >>containing track X (e.g. abcde 1-11, 12 being the non-audio track). Grip
9 >>rips the same CDs just fine, but I'd prefer to use a command-line
10 >>tool. I'm using cdparanoia with both abcde and grip, so is this a bug in
11 >>abcde or am I doing something wrong?
14 > That error message seems to come from dev-libs/libcdio-paranoia [1],
15 > so you have to ensure that abcde invokes cdparanoia (I assume it’s a
16 > symlink to /usr/bin/libcdio-paranoia) with the intended track
17 > range/span by looking at the forced debug or verbose output.
18 >
19 > Or maybe simpler, invoke cdparanoia directly to see which one of the
20 > involved parts (wrapper/program) to blame – if your given range/span
21 > really contains only audio tracks.
24 > References:
25 >   - [1] <https://github.com/rocky/libcdio-paranoia/blob/b63fec7/src/cd-paranoia.c#L1199>
26
27 Same error when invoking cdparanoia directly. It seems grip includes its
28 own version of cdparanoia since it has two cdparanoia options, "grip
29 (cdparanoia)" and just "cdparanoia". The first on works, the latter
30 doesn't.
31
32 I'll try installing the unstable version of libcdio-paranoia in case
33 this is a bug that has recently been fixed.