From: Mrugesh Karnik <mrugeshkarnik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Best video player
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:25:07
1 > what's the best video player in your opinion?
2
3 Kaffeine is great for playing DVDs. I use kaffeine when in KDE. Kplayer
4 is also good. Kplayer can use xine or mplayer as the backend, which is a
5 nice feature. I prefer mplayer with directfb on the console though.
6 Mplayer simply is great!
7
8 Do not underestimate VLC though. I had some problems with its GUI,
9 because I didn't compile it with wxwindows support. That I guess is an
10 error on my part. But VLC is great! I use VLC in Windows. Haven't used
11 it as much on Linux, but I think VLC has the best sound output.
12
13 Cheers,
14 Mrugesh
15 --