From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ext4/ext3 for /boot?
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 00:43:43
1 On 2011-11-07 19:29, Jarry wrote:
2
3 > just out of curiosity: is it possible to use ext4/ext3
4 > filesystem even for separate /boot partition?
5
6 I've been using ext4 for quite a while as a /boot partition. One of the
7 "features" of ext4 is that you can use it without a journal (while still
8 using extents and other benefits[1]), which is what I'm doing (for /boot
9 - journal for the rest of the partitions)... but I wouldn't worry too
10 much about a partition that's usually measured in 100MBs; ext2 will be
11 fine too.
12
13 [1] http://kernelnewbies.org/Ext4
14