From: Nils Gillmann <niasterisk@×××××.net>
To: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tails security implemetation
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 22:11:48
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Hello,
6 > So I just read about how Tails is now available on Debian [1].
7 > It purports:: "Tails (The amnesic incognito live system) is a live OS"
8 > and "it is configured to leave no trace on the computer you are using unless
9 > asked explicitly "
12 > Digging a bit deeper it appears to be on the pathway to become an open and
13 > universal tool for much wider deployment [2]. Is there something similar
14 > for gentoo? A gentoo derivative OS?
17 > I think some of blueness's works are close, but not quite
18 > packaged or deployed as Tails has in mind.
21 > Any related info is most welcome,
22 > James
25 > [1] https://bits.debian.org/2016/02/tails-installer-in-debian.html
26 >
27 > [2] https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/bootstrapping/installer/
31 I did dig into this when I had the idea to rebuild a Whonix +
32 Tails on the basis of Gentoo before I realized the brokeness of
33 virtualization (as in: insecure the better virtualization works),
34 asked the whonix devs about a statement, got none, asked contacts
35 and eventually got enough info over the last year to consider it
36 something I wouldn't try. There are gentoo based systems with
37 security in mind, but I am not very positive about re-creating
38 Tails on current state of Gentoo.
39
40 Tails and/or Whonix have tried and shifted focus away from Gentoo
41 for reasons which can be read on their github repo wiki and with
42 good websearches.
45 ng