From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mdev for udev substitution instructions web page is up
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 13:51:24
1 On Saturday 17 Mar 2012 13:13:25 Mike Edenfield wrote:
2 > > Walter Dnes wrote:
3 > > The instructions for replacing udev with mdev are now up at
4 > > http://www.waltdnes.org/mdev/ validator.w3.org complains about a couple
5 > > of extensions I used, but it appears to work OK in both Firefox and
6 > > Midori. Any comments from users of other browsers? The page will be
7 >
8 > Looks fine in IE/Firefox/Chromium; you shouldn't have any problems with any
9 > browsers since the validation errors are on deprecated attributes that are
10 > still in wide use.
11 >
12 > If you really want to fix them so it validates, change:
13 >
14 > <a name="foo"> --> <a id="foo">
15 > <ol type="a"> --> <ol style="list-style-type: lower-alpha">
16
17 It looks fine in Opera too.
18
19 I suggest you add a header on the page same as the page title for your human
20 visitors.
21
22 Also I strongly suggest you take your email address off the page before
23 spambots harvest it. Instead, replace the link with a mail form page or
24 popup. Google for a suitable php mail form although there may be JavaScript
25 forms too that are easy to complete and customise as desired. Contact me off-
26 line if you can't find what you want.
27
28 Thanks for your efforts and please carry on the good work!
29 --
30 Regards,
31 Mick