From: Ian Bloss <ianlinkcd@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Preserving the initial partionin/formatting of an usbstick
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 16:00:44
1 If you're gonna dd a drive you either go the same space or larger. To be
2 sure you get everything you can just
3
4 dd if=/dev/oldstick of=/dev/newstick
5
6 Replacing old/newstick with the correct device.
7
8 You can even keep a backup image with
9
10 dd if=/dev/oldstick of=/home/user/whateveryounamedit.img
11
12 Which you then can replicate to any drive
13
14 dd if=/home/user/whateveryounamedit.img of=/dev/newdevice
15