From: ny6p01@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rsync from ext3 to vfat?
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 20:33:28
1 On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 12:12:40PM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I'm looking for what rsync options I can use to copy existing files
4 > on an ext3 file system to an external eSATA drive formatted with vfat.
5 > I think I want to match only the name, creation date & file size. The
6 > eSATA drive needs to be vfat due to limitations of the audio/video
7 > device it will be plugged into.
8 >
9 > Thanks in advance for any ideas.
10 >
11 > Cheers,
12 > Mark
15 FWIW, I routinely backup important directories with rsync from ext3 and ext4
16 file systems to vfat, with no additional options. The command I use is:
17
18 sudo rsync -vvvruxi --size-only --exclude-from=/home/rh/rsync-home-excl-list /home/rh/ /mnt/Datastor/Gentoo/
19 for the home directory.
20
21 HTH.
22