From: German <gentgerman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 20:01:49
1 On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 15:47:16 -0400
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 3:39 PM, German <gentgerman@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > No, I am trying to shutdown from a console
7 >
8 > Well, the old answer would be that you need to use sudo to run it, as
9 > shutting down is a privileged operation.
10 >
11 > I suspect that the new answer is that with appropriate
12 > policykit/consolekit/etc settings you can probably allow somebody
13 > sitting at a physical console to shut down the system, or any
14 > logged-in user if you prefer. However, I haven't actually set that up
15 > myself.
16
17 Well, I am the only one sitting at the console :) Are there any key combination which allows that? I can reboot even if I am a user with Ctrl+Alt+Delete
18 >
19 > --
20 > Rich
25 German <gentgerman@×××××.com>