From: Abap <kbarter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ruby Rails and Rake - strange error on Gentoo...
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 17:55:09
1 On 11/7/05, Steve [Gentoo] <gentoo_steve@×××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > I've recently started playing around with Ruby and rails under Gentoo.
4 > I've installed everything using emerge as opposed to the using ruby gems.
5 >
6 > While I seem to be able to use my rails application, I get a puzzling
7 > error message when I try to verify it using the default generated
8 > rakefile and rake:
9 >
10 > --
11 > $ rails myapp
12 > $ cd myapp
13 > $ rake
14 > /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rake.rb:658:in `private': undefined method
15 > `have_opt
16 > ion?' for class `Object' (NameError)
17 > from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rake.rb:658
18 > from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rake.rb:657
19 > from /usr/bin/rake:3
20 > --
21 >
22 > I would not expect this error message. I get the same error message if
23 > I've introduced controllers and views (as suggested in the tutorials)
24 > before running make. I've asked on both the ruby and rails mailing
25 > lists without any suggestions arising... it seems this might be peculiar
26 > to Gentoo. Do other users (more familiar than I am with Ruby, rails and
27 > rake) have the same problems? Is this a problem with my generated
28 > application, Rails - or (as the error message suggests) an error in the
29 > implementation of rake?
32 > --
33 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
36 I have the same error. Since I can not find the solution to the error, I
37 upgraded rake (~x86). This version of rake worked properly, but it was
38 downgraded on the next emerge. I have not bothered looking any further at
39 the issue so far.
40
41 Cheers,
42