From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix question
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:38:26
1 On Thursday 14 June 2007, Arnau Bria wrote:
2 > hi,
3 >
4 > could someone explain me what's the meaning of the [D] in this eix
5 > output? I did not find it in eix man page..
6 >
7 > $ eix -c claws-mail
8 > [D] mail-client/claws-mail (2.9.1@17/05/07 -> 2.6.1): Claws-Mail is
9 > an email client (and news reader) based on GTK+
10
11 D means downgrade. According to your output, portage will downgrade
12 claws-mail from v2.9.1 to v2.6.1
13
14 I'm not sure why it wants to do that as both versions are marked stable
15 for all arches except x86-freebsd (~ for 2.9.1)
16
17 Perhaps you haven't synced in a while, or you put an entry in
18 packages.mask recently?
19
20 alan
24 Optimists say the glass is half full,
25 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
26 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
27
28 Alan McKinnon
29 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
30 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list