From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libacl mess : further thoughts
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:03:02
1 100820 Philip Webb wrote:
2 >> The next step seems to be to unpack the whole Stage 3 tarball
3 >> in the netbook's / dir & see what happens. After that, a full reinstall.
4
5 Further examination of what's in Stage 3
6 + review of my detailed notes from installation last year suggest
7 that the correct attempt wb to unpack the tarball somewhere temporary,
8 then copy /bin /lib /sbin /usr /var into the existing set-up;
9 also to unpack the latest Portage snapshot into /usr/portage ;
10 after that, copy carefully selected parts of /etc .
11 After all, I do have a working kernel + system configuration,
12 which is partly what needs to be created during a basic install.
13
14 Of course, if there's a simpler method anyone can suggest, I wb thankful.
15 Can anyone explain why it's choking on the ELF header ?
19 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
20 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
21 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca