From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange problem with urxvt
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 18:07:44
1 On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Allan Nielsen <a@×××.dk> wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > First of all, sorry if this is not the right forum to post this question.
7 > I'm having a strange problem with urxvt on one of my computers.
8 >
9 > When I uses a command which type some text on the screen and then waits for
10 > input, the text does not appear in urxvt until I resize the window, or
11 > forces an redraw in other ways.
12 >
13 > It works fine with other terminal emulators, and urxvt works fine on my
14 > other computer (with the same settings).
15 >
16 > I'm using gentoo, xmonad and urxvt
19 > Does any of you have a clue on what might be my problem?
20
21 My first guess would be a bug in xmonad, urxvt, or even your video driver.
22
23 1) If you use ssh X forwarding to run urxvt on the affected host (so,
24 from a machine running xmonad, but not the machine with the problem,
25 "ssh -x host_with_problem urxvt"), do you see the same artifact?
26
27 2) Do the versions of xmonad and urxvt on your various systems differ?
28 Can you upgrade or downgrade xmonad and/or urxvt on the affected
29 system to match the other systems? Does doing so resolve the problem?
30
31 3) Does the affected system use a different video driver than the
32 unaffected systems? If it uses the same video driver, is it using a
33 different version? (And if it uses the same video driver, but
34 different versions, does switching to a video driver version matching
35 an unaffected system solve the problem?)
38 :wq