From: David Abbott <david@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Skype && pulseaudio
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:03:11
1 On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 08:38 +0100, Alexander Puchmayr wrote:
2 > Hi there!
3 >
4 > The 2.1.x-Version of Skype seems to use pulseaudio if it finds a pulsaudio-
5 > deamon running, and doesn't allow to chose the audio device in this case.
6 >
7 > What I want to have is very simple:
8 > * Ringtone and any other sound produced by skype shall go to the internal
9 > sound device with loudspeakers connected
10 > * Audiostream for talking to someone shall go to the USB-Headset.
11 >
12 > How do I configure this?
13 >
14 > What I've tried so far:
15 > * pacmd shows skype as single client. I couldn't find a way to redirect it to
16 > the headset
17 > * I've installed padevchoser, but it only allows me to change the default
18 > device, and the setting seems to be ignored by skype.
19 >
20 > Thanks
21 > Alex
24 Did you try pavucontrol and select your input and output devices?
27 David Abbott <david@×××××××××.com>