From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Time format in log files
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:36:59
1 On Sunday 27 January 2008 21:54:23 Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I am sure that someone has asked this before, but a cursory look doesn't
5 > bring anything up. I am going through some logs and I cannot understand
6 > what the time was when certain events took place:
7 >
8 > [1200806556] SERVICE ALERT: router.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
9 > [1200806576] SERVICE ALERT: router.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
10 > [1200806891] HOST ALERT: router.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
11 > [1200806891]
12 >
13 > Could you please tell me how to interpret/parse these so that they show
14 > time in hrs:min so that I can understand it? (anything I could feed to
15 > less would be grand).
16
17 I asked a similar question last year, in the hope of finding a tiny utility
18 through which to pipe grep output. I was offered an Awk recipe, but I
19 couldn't get it to work at the time.
20
21 I'm still looking for an answer, and Google isn't helping me. Nor is my Bash
22 Cookbook from O'Reilly.
25 Rgds
26 Peter
27 --