From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Internet radio?
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 23:12:01
1 On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > My dad is interested in some sort of an Internet Radio app for his
3 > Gnome desktop. He was thinking of buying a Slingbox but has backed off
4 > the idea. For a while we played with iTunes under Wine but that's sort
5 > of a mess so I'm looking for something native to Linux.
6
7 I don't understand what Slingbox has to do with internet radio. Amarok
8 2 (not gnome) has hundreds of internet radio stations in it...
9
10 I think most of them are just mp3 streams, so if you get the URL from
11 anywhere out there on the web you should be able to play it with any
12 media player I would think. Check out shoutcast.com.