From: Evan Klitzke <eklitzke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] suspend/resume
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 00:46:31
1 On 6/26/06, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Is there a way to shut the power of my laptop down and then power it
3 > back on and have it resume right where it was when it was powered
4 > down? I think this is called suspend/resume. I see there is a kernel
5 > called suspend2-sources. Is there any way to do it with my
6 > hardened-sources kernel?
7 >
8 > - Grant
9
10 The primary difference between suspend in the vanilla (and hardened)
11 kernel and suspend in Suspend2 is that Suspend2 is much faster. I
12 don't have any hard numbers, but I think the difference is something
13 like twenty seconds versus a minute to fully suspend on my laptop.
14 This isn't normally a big deal, and you don't need to migrate from the
15 hardened kernel.
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list