From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SMP not working?
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 01:21:52
1 Nick Smith wrote:
2 > actually the SMP "is" working, as in top shows 2 CPU's. but when i do
3 > an emerge --sync CPU1 stays pegged at 99% and CPU0 stays below 1% the
4 > entire time. this is a dual 200mhz U2 Sparc system, i was just
5 > wondering if this was normal or is there something messed up in my
6 > config?
7 >
8 > and sorry for posting this in the normal user list, i figured i would
9 > get more responses here as i dont think this is specific to Sparc
10 > hardware, but i could be wrong.
11
12 Checked it out on one of my dual servers. There is never more than a
13 single process running, emerge, then rsync, then emerge, so the second
14 CPU never gets used. However I did see the second CPU doing some
15 kjournald while data was being written to the filessytem so it's not a
16 total loss on a dual CPU system. :)
17
18 kashani
19 --