From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} zflashpoint for Linux? (SSD performance "accelerator")
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 14:54:09
1 On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Grant<emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Here is some info on zflashpoint:
3 >
4 > http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=5163549
5 >
6 > It is supposed to be an SSD performance "accelerator".
7 >
8 > "Gen1 SSDs suffer with small file writes and I read that 90% of
9 > Windows writes are small, so that introduces overall system lag.
10 > zflashpoint uses a 32MB buffer for small file writes, combining them
11 > and dumping them as one big write."
12 >
13 > Has anyone heard of development of a similar project for Linux?
14
15 Sounds like a disk cache to me... maybe i'm missing something.