From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [~amd64] Hint for bonehead systemd users (like me)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 00:09:03
1 I've been struggling with today's update of systemd on ~arch because the
2 ebuild keeps accusing me of using a "compatibility symlink to run systemd"
3 during bootup.
4
5 Yes, guilty as charged, I told grub2 to use /usr/bin/systemd as 'init', when
6 /usr/bin/systemd has been, until now, a symlink to /usr/lib/systemd/systemd.
7
8 Yes, I pled guilty to this crime and changed my /boot/grub2/grub.cfg to use
9 /usr/lib/systemd/systemd instead of /usr/bin/systemd -- and yet I got the
10 same condemnation every time I tried to emerge -auND world.
11
12 An additional glass of chardonnay didn't solve this frustration, so I dared
13 to read the systemd ebuild, which confessed that it reads the value of
14 /proc/1/cmdline to find me guilty and ignores my new /boot/grub2/grup.cfg,
15 which would have proved my innocence.
16
17 IOW, you must reboot after changing your grub.cfg before the ebuild will
18 withdraw it's accusation.
19
20 HTH someone avoid the same problem.
21