From: Greg Lindstrom <gslindstrom@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Running Scripts
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 16:20:26
1 Hello-
2
3 I am programming Python (2.4.1) scripts to run on our Gentoo boxes and am
4 having a bit of trouble I was hoping you could help me with. My file,
5 hello.py looks like this:
6
7 #!/usr/bin/python
8 print 'hello, python'
9
10 I add execute permission to the file and try to run it as follows:
11
12 myprompt $ ./hello.py
13
14 and get
15
16 -bash: ./hello.py: /usr/bin/env: bad interpreter: Permission denied
17
18 running /usr/bin/python brings up the python shell, so that's in place.
19
20 What am I missing to run these files (they run fine with I type in 'python'
21 before the filename). BTW, I have the same issue running Perl scripts which
22 is why I'm asking the question here.
23
24 Thanks for your help,
25