From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] USE flag question
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 23:15:24
1 A few days ago, I used eselect to switch profiles, from
2 default-linux/x86/2007.0/desktop to default/linux/x86/2008.0/desktop.
3
4 A lot of USE flags were removed from my make.conf, including
5 the cpu-optimizations such as sse and mmx. After re-compiling a few
6 things and getting warnings from the ebuilds that video and audio
7 playback would be choppy without those flags, I put them back into my
8 flags in make.conf. If I use ufed to manage the flags, as I'm used to
9 doing, it takes them back out when I save changes.
10
11 It seems strange to me that the profile switch should affect these
12 flags. I think I'm overlooking/misunderstanding something, but I'm
13 not sure what to ask. Any enlightenment (including links to
14 enlightenment) would be appreciated.
17 »Q«
18 Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list