From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Slow connexion with usb to serial converter
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 23:55:45
1 The problem is I don't know what kind of information I can give.
2
3 What I can say is the transfer takes 10 minutes via usb to serial instead of 30 seconds via the standard DB9 connector.
4
5 It sounds like you're saying that the USB->RS232 serial connector is slower than a real RS232 port - is that right?
6
7 Are you using the same program with both types of serial port?
8
9 FWIW, i'm finding my USB->RS232 a poor substitute for a real RS232 port for doing some things.