From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] Update to newer kernel completely hoses suspend
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 02:20:58
1 On 09/12/2012 05:59 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > I switched to 3.0 more than a year ago (I use vanilla-sources). Never
3 > had a problem with suspend and/or hibernate; I'm now running kernel
4 > 3.5.3. You didn't specify how do you suspend. pm-utils? dbus-send to
5 > upower? echo mem > /sys/power/state? I would recommend you to shut
6 > down X, and try pm-suspend from the console. It may tell you more
7 > info. Regards.
8
9 I use KDE and use it to suspend. It's worked flawlessly for years now,
10 although I had to enable usb wakeup on one of the USB hubs for the
11 keyboard to wake.
12
13 The thing is, it goes to sleep fine. It goes into low power state &
14 shuts fans etc. off. The problem is, after leaving it for a while, you
15 can't wake it. I've tried waking immediately after suspending, and it
16 works. Leave it for a duration (like overnight) and neither the keyboard
17 or power button wakes it (as in absolutely nothing happens, it won't
18 even turn on/spin up fans etc.)
19
20 I think I might have a hardware issue now. I shut down last night and
21 this morning X wouldn't start right away - I turned it on and walked
22 away from it. Restarting xdm made it start, but it had been running for
23 > 5 minutes at that point.
24
25 Dan