From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wiress Question...
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 04:37:45
1 True it is. I have a simple 128-bit WEP setup presently - I use to have a system that couldn't handle WPA so I didn't set it up for WPA; I think I could now, but I don't have the time quite at the moment. Any how...wpa_supplicant didn't like the key (see below); thus my original e-mail.
2
3 network={
4 ssid="my-network-here"
5 key_mgmt=NONE
6 wep_key0=hexkeyhere
7 priority=1
8 auth_alg=SHARED
9 }
10
11 I did try wicd, which seemed to be working for the most part, but still having a little trouble...I restarted the router and it still didn't want to connect...so still working on it. wicd is nice though.
12
13 TIA,
14
15 Ben
18 ----- Original Message ----
19 From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
20 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
21 Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 10:47:53 PM
22 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wiress Question...
23
24 BRM wrote:
25 > I'll have to look into that one.
26 >
27 > I started playing around with WPA Supplicant; and got it working
28 > withmy wireless NIC; however, it doesn't like my AP configuration.
29 > So I was thinking of changing the configuration to make it work
30 > better; but this might give me what I need.
31
32 wpa_supplicant is _very_ configurable, so I would guess that it can handle your AP configuration, but you just haven't configured it enough! Not that this is slack on your part - it took me a while to figure out all the options I needed for some of my AP's too...
33
34 -- Iain Buchanan <iaindb at netspace dot net dot au>
35
36 "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."