From: Jacques Montier <jacmonti@×××××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No dri with xorg-x11-7 and ati card (solved)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:50:14
1 Richard Fish a gentiment tapote:
2 > On 4/27/06, Ptitjack <jacmonti@×××××××××××××.fr> wrote:
3 >
4 >> eselect opengl set ati
8 >> Ati Radeon as module
9 >>
10 >> Driver "radeon"
13 > Are you trying to use the open-source driver and (new) DRI module in
14 > the kerrnel, or the ATI opengl implementation? Because right now you
15 > are mixing the ATI and the opensource stuff together.
16 >
17 > For the ATI implementation:
18 >
19 > - eselect opengl set ati
20 > - emerge ati-drivers
21 > - Change the xorg.conf driver to "fglrx".
22 >
23 > For the opensource implementation:
24 > - eselect opengl set xorg-x11
25 > - verify that your card is supported by checking the PCI ids (lspci
26 > -n) against /usr/src/linux/char/drm/drm_pciids.h.
27 >
28 > -Richard
31 Hi all,
32
33 I re-compiled my 2.6.16 kernel
36 /dev/agpgart as module
37
38 I disactived Direct Rendering Manager and Ati Radeon kernel support
39
40 I emerged ati-drivers-8.23.7
41
42 then xorg.conf : driver fglrx
43
44 Option "UseInternalAGPGART" "no"
45
46 Now, dri works fine : 1431.877 FPS instead of 75 FPS !!!
47
48 Conclusion :
49 My ati radeon 9600 graphic card (RV350) is not supported by ati kernel and xorg drivers.
50 Only proprietary ati drivers can set dri for my card.
51
52 Two small problems however :
53 startx does not work (gdm does !)
54 Stellarium and Celestia segfault.
55 Well, I have again some work to do !
56
57 Thanks to all of you for having helped me :-)
58
59 --- Jacques --
62 ^
63 ^^^