From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't enable effects in kde
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:29:28
1 Am Donnerstag 20 Oktober 2011, 17:09:43 schrieb Vishnupradeep:
2 > >> Seems as if you've installed Gentoo on VMware. Try
3 > >
4 > > http://www.vmware.com/support/**ws5/doc/ws_vidsound_d3d_**enabling_vm.ht
5 > > ml<http://www.vmware.com/support/ws5/doc/ws_vidsound_d3d_enabling_vm.htm
6 > > l>
7 > >
8 > > Sound problems are also probably related to that special circumstances.
9 > >
10 > > So it might be more a VMware than a Gentoo problem ...
11 > >
12 > > I am not running the Gentoo inside VMware. I started installation inside
13 >
14 > VMware, but installed to a physical drive. so that i can boot into at next
15 > system start. Can i make the Gentoo to re detect the devices.
16
17 if you compiled in the drivers or built them as modules - yes.
18
19 But seriously - vmware... why?
20 --
21 #163933