From: "Taiidan@×××.com" <Taiidan@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [off topic] Opteron CPU missing chips on the bottom
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 16:02:52
1 On 01/30/2018 09:43 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > On Tuesday, 30 January 2018 13:51:31 GMT Taiidan@×××.com wrote:
4 >> I purchased a used g34 opteron off of fleabay (sold as working with no
5 >> mention of this) and I noticed that it is missing some of the bits on
6 >> the bottom
7 > Do you mean the pins that mate with the socket?
8 >
9 >> ... and that most of them are crooked,
10 > Send it back! Don't even touch it. Any attempt to straighten a pin will snap
11 > it off, as like as not.
12 Not the pins (which on socket g34 are on the motherboard)
13
14 It is the little IC components on the bottom of the CPU.