From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kernel config setting for console scroll back
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 03:12:08
In make menuconfig, under:
 Device Drivers → Graphics support → Console display driver support
    (700)   Scrollback Buffer Size (in KB)

I think the default was 64 but I like a big scrollback buffer.

As you see I set 700 but really didn't have much of an idea what that
would be in lines.

Can any one offer a close guestimate what 700 kb would be in lines.

That is pretty close to 1 mb isn't it?... but still what is that in
lines?  I'm guessing 1 MB might be around 10,000 lines.  Is that even
roughly close... if so I probably should have went higher.