From: karsten <k.gebbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] pcmcia confusion
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:48:34
1 hi list: I have troubles to understand what I should be using to get a
2 RME HDSP Multiface working properly on my laptop. I just realised that
3 the pcmcia-cs package is obsolete and I should use pcmciautils instead.
4 I googled around for a bit to find a gentoo howto,
5
6 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_PCMCIA_NIC
7
8 and tried to follow that to get the new way working. The problem is
9 though, that when I, following the tutorial,
10 emerge -av pcmcia pcmcia-cs-cis
11
12 --> [blocks B ] sys-apps/pcmcia-cs (is blocking
13 sys-apps/pcmcia-cs-cis-3.2.8-r1)
14 [ebuild N ] sys-apps/pcmcia-cs-3.2.9_pre20050614 USE="X gtk
15 -trusted -vanilla -xforms"
16 [ebuild N ] virtual/pcmcia-2.6.13
17 [ebuild N ] sys-apps/pcmcia-cs-cis-3.2.8-r1
18
19 The thing is, that pcmcia-cs, the old package with the init script etc
20 get merged, but not pcmciautils. Should I just emerge pcmciautils,
21 without the virtual in this case? What are other ppls experiences with
22 this, maybe even specifically with HDSP?
23
24 thanks,
25
26 Karsten
27
28 I use the 2006.1 profile, and a >=2.6.13 kernel.
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list