From: Stefano Crocco <posta@×××××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange behavior of "tab" key with Libreoffice Calc and Plasma
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 19:04:33
1 On lunedì 24 giugno 2019 13:44:04 CEST you wrote:
2 > On domenica 23 giugno 2019 21:40:53 CEST Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > On Sun, 23 Jun 2019 20:59:34 +0200, Stefano Crocco wrote:
4 > > > a few months ago I started noticing a very annoying behavior when
5 > > > pressing the "tab" key in Libreoffice Calc. Previously, pressing this
6 > > > key would move the cursor by one cell to the right, so that I could
7 > > > immediately start writing into the cell. Now, while the cursor is moved
8 > > > to the correct cell (I can see the black border around it), I can't
9 > > > write in it immediately anymore. To move the cursor to the next cell
10 > > > and be able to immediately write in it, I need to press the tab key
11 > > > twice. It seems that somehow pressing the tab key once gives focus to
12 > > > the menu bar: pressing tab once, then pressing "F" brings down the file
13 > > > menu; pressing tab, then pressing "E" displays the edit menu and so on.
14 > > >
15 > > > Has anyone experienced this behavior?
16 > >
17 > > I see it too and it's annoying as hell. Even more annoying will be that
18 > > when it is solved I will have got into the habit of pressing tab twice
19 > > for each move :(
20 >
21 > I'm (relatively) happy to know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.
22 > Currently I'm playing around with USE flags to see whether there's a
23 > combination of them which fixes the problem. I think it's somehow caused by
24 > the kde flag: I tried USE="gtk2 kde -gtk", USE="kde -gtk -gtk2" and
25 > USE="gtk -kde -gtk2" and the only configuration where this issue didn't
26 > appear was the one without kde. I've yet to try USE="-gtk2 kde gtk", but I
27 > don't think it'll work.
28 >
29 > I'm getting really annoyed by this, so I think later today I'll file a bug
30 > report.
31 >
32 > Stefano
33
34 Bug submitted. For anyone interested, here's the link:
35 https://bugs.gentoo.org/688618
36
37 Stefano