From: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] audacious 1.5 not playing
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 02:31:06
1 On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 06:27:54PM +0100, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2 > Michael George schrieb am 30.11.2008 11:33:
3 > > I updated audacious and audacious-plugins from 1.4.6 and .5 to 1.4.1-r1 and r3,
4 > > respectively. It comes up and seems to operate fine, but it won't play
5 > > my ogg files. It doesn't even seem to try. I downgraded to 1.4.6/5 and
6 > > it plays fine.
7 > >
8 > > I'll be testing it on mp3 files today, I hope, to see if it's a problem
9 > > unique to 1.5.x.
10 > >
11 > > Anyone else having problems with audacious 1.5.x?
14 > Had the same problem here! I guess you have set
15 >
16 > "Detect file formats on demand, instead of immediately" under
17 > Preferences -> Audio -> Format Detection
18 >
19 > Disabling this option makes playback of ogg and mp3 files working again
20 > here.
21
22 I am able to play mp3's regardless of the format detection. However,
23 OGG files aren't playing. If I tell it to detect the formats on demand,
24 I can add ogg files to the playlist, but they still will not play.
25 The only way the ogg files play is if I tell it to determine the file
26 type by the file extension. In 1.4 it was able to determine the file
27 type even if it didn't have an .ogg extension...
30 -M
31
32 There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
33 Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.