From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [WAY OT] wanna learn networking internals
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 19:44:00
1 On Wednesday, September 02, 2015 02:19:24 PM Francisco Ares wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Sorry for such WAY out of topic message, but Gentoo users are also way out
5 > of regular computer users.
6 >
7 > I intend to learn more deep details about networking intrinsics, (packets,
8 > ports, negotiation, UDP, multicast, unicast, TCP, ethernet, DHCP,
9 > protocols, and so on) so I decided to recur to this list. Googling the
10 > terms, just gets me to network administration and equipment interconnection.
11 >
12 > Any hints on web resources for this research?
13
14 It would depend on the level you are at now. :)
15
16 Generally, I know more than enough about how it all works to do my job and
17 keep my own systems running reliably.
18
19 But generally I simply listen when the likes of Alan McKinnon start talking
20 about networking.
21
22 You could start with sites like:
23