From: alain.didierjean@××××.fr
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] driver for ATI RAdeon HD3650
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 08:17:56
1 Selon alain.didierjean@××××.fr:
4 > What would be the best driver for a ATI RAdeon HD3650 graphic interface ?
5 > Preferably Open Source.
6 > Thanks for sharing your experience
7
8 I finally install ATI proprietary driver, as it seems to be the only one to
9 fully support this HD3650 card. It emerges fine, but when trying to launch X, it
10 gives up with the message "PreInitDAL failed". What is this DAL thing ? What can
11 I do ? Searching the web shows this error to be common on different platforms
12 with different ATI graphic cards since some time. Proposed remedies are
13 different from one case to the other... Both amd64 and ~amd64 drivers behave the
14 same...
15 Any cue ? I'm desperate...
18 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list