From: emailjp79@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Deny flash to a specific user?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:22:25
1 Michael [19.Nov.2008 16:07]:
2
3 >On 10:05 Wed 19 Nov , Qian Qiao wrote:
4 >...
5 >> In that case, isn't putting
6 >>
7 >> 127.0.0.1 ADDRESSES_TO_BE_BLOCKED
8 >>
9 >> into /etc/hosts easier?
10 >>
11 >> Or just set up a proxy.
12 >
13 >No, perhaps not, considering the fact that there are so many sites with
14 >pron. Maintaining such a massive hosts file is a disaster and worse still
15 >the solution is not fullproof. But then, FWIW such problems seldom have
16 >foolproof solutions.
17
18 Well, at least there is "mvps" [1] with a nice host-file, blocking
19 mostly ads, banners etc., which I use myself without much trouble.
20 While searching for a list of porn-sites to add to that list, I stumbled
21 upon BadHosts [2], which includes several hosts-files, one of them
22 entirely for porn-sites.
23
24 The sites listed there might get you started, but as noted by Qian Qiao
25 before, that list will never be complete or up-to-date. Besides, using
26 an anonymizer to reach one of those sites will get you there anyway. You
27 would have to block those, too.
28
29 My opinion: If children are to be "protected" from that kind of content,
30 seting up a public computer in a livingroom might be a better way (in
31 conjunction with a host-file maybe for those nasty ads). But as soon as
32 one starts blocking sites, the question will be where to stop.
35 JP
36
37 [1] http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
38 [2] http://www.hostsfile.org/hosts.html
41 Time flies like the wind, but fruit flies like bananas.