From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where's the examples?????
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 14:55:51
1 On Jan 1, 2012 9:45 PM, "Andrew Lowe" <agl@×××××××.au> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi all,
4 > I'm playing around with the Boost library, www.boost.org, at the
5 moment and the question is in relation to it but the question also applies
6 to other libraries I've played around with, where are the examples and doco
7 kept?
8 >
9 > I can't seem to find the Boost example source code anywhere. I
10 also can't find the doco that comes with Boost. Is there a default location
11 that ebuilds should drop examples and doco when dealing with libraries such
12 as Boost? Boost does not seem to have a USE flag that says "Install
13 examples somewhere" so I'm at a bit of a loss as to where this stuff is?
14 >
15 > Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
16 >
17 > Andrew
20 Usually USE=docs install the docs. Also, some packages have USE=examples.
21
22 The customary location is /usr/share/docs/$PACKAGE-$VERSION
23
24 Rgds,