From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE reboot not preserving running applications
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 22:24:42
1 On 08/28/18 02:57, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > Since about the time of the last batch of plasma upgrades (I forget whether it was applications, frameworks or Qt), every time I reboot the box from the KDE reboot dialogue, when I log in again I get duplicated apps and others with forgotten places and sizes.
5 >
6 > The attached screenshot shows a desktop with an empty KMail ready to receive imported messages and generally get going, together with gkrellm showing three computers.
7 >
8 > After a reboot I get "Too many clients" from the remote krells, the local krell is absent (and if I restart it it comes up in the centre of the screen) and Firefox attempts to run two instances. I have to pkill the lot and start them again.
9 >
10 > If I stop these programs before rebooting, all is well when I restart them later, so I suspect the KDE/plasma setup is the guilty party.
11 >
12 > I've reinstalled the complete system on bare silicon, created new accounts for myself, and anything else I can think of, just to be sure that I have nothing untoward hanging about.
13 >
14 > Is anyone else having this problem?
17 I've had the problem where it doesn't open any remembered windows at
18 all. I remembered this after I read this message.
19
20 I've also had the weird bug(?) resurface where it asks me twice for a
21 lock screen password. Some time ago I fixed that with an `emerge -e
22 --keep-going @world` but am waiting for cooler weather to let my PC chug
23 through that again.
24
25 Dan