From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: mesa's libGL.so looking in wrong place for r300_dri.so
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 00:02:20
1 On 2009-11-24, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I just switched to the radeon driver from the fglrx driver
4 > Fglrx was a pretty old version and DRI had stopped working.
5 > Oddly, emerge has "forgotten" it's installed. It obviously is
6 > installed: it works (mostly), all its files are there, and
7 > and eselect opengl still shows an "ati" option. How do you
8 > uninstall a package that emerge claims isn't installed?
9
10 I still haven't figured out how to get rid of all the files
11 belonging to the ati-drivers package.
12
13 > Why is libGL.so looking in the wrong place for the dri modules?
14 >
15 > I suppose I could symlink /usr/X11R6/dri -> /usr/lib/dri,
16
17 Adding that symlink solved the problem.
18
19 > but shouldn't the mesa ebuild have done that if it's required?
20
21 Apparently this breakage was due to the switch to modular X11 a
22 while back. The instructions I was following said to delete
23 /usr/X11R6 if it wasn't a symlink, but they never said to
24 create a symlink. Apparently a number of packages depend on
25 that symlink being there, but none of them will create it if it
26 isn't there.
29 Grant Edwards grante Yow! I'm using my X-RAY
30 at VISION to obtain a rare
31 visi.com glimpse of the INNER
32 WORKINGS of this POTATO!!