From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't print from firefox, but CUPS says OK, also poppler
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 15:15:40
1 At Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:28:26 +0200 Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Am Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:29:09 -0400
4 > schrieb Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>:
5 >
6 >> At Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:18:58 -0400 Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
7 >>
8 >> > For some reason printing from firefox has stopped working.
9 >> > When I ^P or file-->print and select a printer (there are two),
10 >> > the "print" button is greyed out. With "print to file", the button is
11 >> > live and the pdf file is successfully created
12 >> >
13 >> > I can print via lpr.
14 >> >
15 >> > If, in firefox, I goto localhost:631 (the cups home page on this machine),
16 >> > I can print test pages to either machine.
17 >> >
18 >> > Is there a way I can ask firefox to tell me why the print button is
19 >> > greyed out?
20 >>
21 >> Some further information.
22 >> Evince has the same situation, "print" is greyed out.
23 >>
24 >> I have the newest stable poppler/evince installed and recall that
25 >> have upgraded poppler recently. Should I be downgrading.
26 >>
27 >> Below is the output of eix -I poppler -o evince
28 >
29 > See bug #266678, especially comment #8. A revision bump of cups ought to be
30 > under way.
31
32 Thanks.
33 The new cups fixed it as you suggested.
34 allan