From: Kevin Thompson <phlux@×××××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] What's up with Firefox?
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 17:43:47
1 On Jul 4, 2013, at 10:29, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > Sorry to be a nuisance but I can't think of where else to ask.
4 >
5 > On the website I run I have a link to our Twitter profile (or whatever it's
6 > called). This is the link:
7 >
8 > https://twitter.com/TideswellMVC
9 >
10 > If I examine the page using the web host's file editor I see exactly that,
11 > yet if I press CTRL-U in www-client/firefox-17.0.7 it shows this:
12 >
13 > https://twitter.com/#%21/TideswellMVC
14 >
15 > and if I click the link in the main window I'm asked for a login and
16 > password.
17 >
18 > Trying the latest Windows version of Firefox in an XP virtual box I get the
19 > unaltered link. I can't tell what version that is because "About Firefox"
20 > merely checks, then tells me I'm up to date.
21 >
22 > Incidentally, I have a web server running on my LAN with an identical copy
23 > of the site. Using that as the target, rather than the public version, gives
24 > the same results.
25 >
26 > I haven't used JavaScript anywhere.
27 >
28 > What's going on here?
29 >
30 > --
31 > Peter
35 What architecture are you running this on? What USE flags are enabled with Firefox?