From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] imagemagick / graphicsmagick collision
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 10:13:18
1 On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 12:05:47 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > My main desktop has been giving me these stupid error for a week now.
4 > ANd I can't figure out what portage wants to do or how to stop it
5 > (other than masking graphics magick):
6 >
7 > [blocks B ] media-gfx/graphicsmagick[imagemagick]
8 > ("media-gfx/graphicsmagick[imagemagick]" is blocking
9 > media-gfx/imagemagick-6.9.4.7)
10 > [blocks B ] media-gfx/imagemagick ("media-gfx/imagemagick" is
11 > blocking media-gfx/graphicsmagick-1.3.24)
12
13 > graphicsmagick is not installed.
16 > Everything pulling in graphicsmagick is already satisfied by
17 > imagemagick[png]:
18
19 > So here's the question: Why is portage not realising I already have a
20 > suitable *magick and decides I ought to have the blocker?
21
22 You've probably already tried these but
23
24 does adding --tree give anything more useful?
25
26 Does grep magick -r /etc/portage show anything?
30 Neil Bothwick
31
32 Did you hear about the dyslexic devil worshiper?
33 He sold his soul to Santa!