From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Overclocking CPU causes segmentation fault
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 16:33:30
1 On 23/01/13 18:22, Bruce Hill wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 05:35:09PM +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >>
4 >> The part that's really important is the mainboard. RAM doesn't matter.
5 >>
6 >> As I said above, the mainboard is really the only important factor.
7 >
8 > Though I've not overclocked in better than a decade, I disagree with your
9 > statement that RAM doesn't matter. Especially now, since there is a plethora
10 > of junk RAM on the market.
11 >
12 > Just my 2 cents.
13
14 It doesn't matter because you don't overclock the RAM (in fact I ended
15 up underclocking it slightly.) Which you can do if the mainboard allows
16 you to set DRAM speeds.