From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] r8169 unable to apply firmware patch
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 00:06:36
1 > I remembered that i also had started having a problem with my intel
2 > wireless card, and it looks like both the intel and realtek firmwares
3 > are now in linux-firmware so try emerging that.
4
5 That fixed it. Thank you very much. I'm a little puzzled because I
6 don't get the "unable to apply firmware patch" messages on my desktop
7 which also uses the r8169 driver and doesn't have linux-firmware
8 installed.
9
10 I guess linux-firmware is a package released by the kernel folks
11 containing certain firmware blobs? It looks like rt73 is in there but
12 not b43.
13
14 - Grant