From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Messed up - how do I emerge coreutils once coreutils is gone?
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:48:16
1 * Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > 'su -' and become root where everything is allowed.
4 > 'sudo' or a gui derivative. If the user has been authorized by root,
5 > just run the whole command with root priviledges as the user can
6 > obviously be trusted.
7
8 You could also try my su-wrapper - it maps specific uid+cmdline
9 to another uid+cmdline. Fine for things like allowing specific
10 users to dialup, etc.
11
12 > Microsoft's stated reason for this is to annoy users so much that they
13 > will annoy 3rd party developers who will write software that doesn't
14 > need root to install. Hmmmm.
15
16 *rofl*
17 Well, that's just the "good old" M$ way ;-P
20 cu
21 --
23 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
25 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
26 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
27 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
28 http://patches.metux.de/
30 --
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list