From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Picking out a printer. Questions.
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 17:04:51
1 On Saturday, 27 April 2019 16:42:39 BST Wols Lists wrote:
2
3 > ... And unfortunately, yes, if you want photos then use an ink-jet.
4
5 I once found a dye-sublimation printer for photos, but it has two snags: it
6 can only print 6x4" and it's Windows only. I still have it in the cupboard,
7 ready for eventualities.
8
9 --->8
10
11 > Laser printers cost up front, but once I've paid for this set of
12 > cartridges I'm probably set up for a couple of years. Just don't expect
13 > modern lasers to go on and on, and budget to replace it ... :-)
14
15 Not like my old Kyocera, which just keeps soldiering on.
18 Regards,
19 Peter.