From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ext4/ext3 for /boot?
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 11:41:01
1 On Nov 9, 2011 5:02 PM, "Neil Bothwick" <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 09:44:00 +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
4 >
5 > > Anyways, back to topic: I experiment a lot with the kernels, so I
6 > > timestamp them all, and my grub menu lists all kernels found in /boot,
7 > > complete with their respective timestamps.
8 >
9 > The kernel build scripts can do this for you automatically, search for
10 > LOCALVERSION. It's not a timestamp but an incrementing counter. If I need
11 > to know the exact date and time the kernel was built, I can always us
12 > ls -l :)
15 I personally prefer timestamps, because my changelogs all have timestamps
16 in their name. The reason is that I may sometimes have to revisit (edit) a
17 changelog; the file's modification time gets changed, but the timestamp
18 stays :-)
19
20 Rgds,